New fiction! "When The Bough Breaks"

Mythic Delirium 4.3 is now live! I'm honoured to be the featured story for January 2018, kicking off this Gregorian year on a good note, even if the story itself is quite dark. 

"When the Bough Breaks" combines different things I learned in childhood--rhymes and stories of forest spirits--with the memory of the Highland Towers collapse in 1993. Parts of the plot were also directly inspired by dreams I had during a brief period when I kept sleeping wonky, waking myself up with pins and needles in my back. 

I'm not used to writing horror, and it is indeed one of my least read genres: when it comes to good horror, I scare easily. Growing up in Malaysia we have a lot of ghost stories and a laundry list of ways to not piss off forest spirits, and our spirits tend to be less jump-scare and more ambient creepiness, so I thought I would try my hand at it. 

I hope you like it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Pidgin Does Not Signify Lack Of Intellect

Race in Cartoons

May 13 Blogswarm Links Post