Upcoming story! "When the Bough Breaks"

Mythic Delirium has just announced their mock cover for their 4.3 issue! The art is by Ruth Sanderson, based on Beth Cato's poem "The Body Made"! 


My short story "When the Bough Breaks" will be available in the January 2018 segment of the web issue. It is based on the Highland Towers collapse of 1993, in my home state of Selangor, Malaysia. This was the first major catastrophe I can remember being widely-televised--Berita Terkini, which usually ran for about 5 minutes every couple of hours, kept popping up on seemingly every single commercial break at this time as more survivors and dead were found. 

In this short story, I tried to evoke the feeling of creepiness that some luxury condos in natural areas have, partly as a result of not being wholly lived in quite yet, partly because wooded areas have landed spirits who are often not happy that humans are moving in! The characters run a gamut of different races and ages. One of the opening scenes is based on a nightmare I had, and in fact the entire theme of the story is drawn from that nightmare. 

I hope you enjoy it when it comes out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Pidgin Does Not Signify Lack Of Intellect

Race in Cartoons

May 13 Blogswarm Links Post